Study in Ireland
The Republic of Ireland occupies most of the island of Ireland, off the coast of England and Wales. Its eastern capital, Dublin, is the birthplace of writers including Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett, and home of Guinness beer. Nicknamed the “Emerald Isle” for its lush landscape of rolling green hills, it’s dotted with castles and ancient sites, such as massive 12th-century Cahir Castle.
Ireland is sometimes reffered to as the Emerald Isle due to its lush greenery. It has a quaint history with huge monoliths, buildings, houses and countryside. Ireland is home to some of the World’s famous writers and poets like W.B. Yeats, George Bernard Shaw, James Joyce and Samuel Beckett.
Ireland is ideal for studying and there is a one year stay back after completing a course. There are some impressive university campuses which offer various courses of studies, subjects and courses. There is currently a huge demand for registered nurses in Ireland.
Higher education is Ireland consists of universities, specialist colleges(offering courses in a single subject area), and institutes of technology. The latter do not just offer courses in technology subjects, but also cover a wide range of vocational programs, in subjects including hospitality , healthcare, pharmacy, media, textiles, marketing and many more.
Ireland’s seven public universities are all ranked within the World’s top 650 in the QA World University Rankings 2014/ 15, as is one of the 14 institutes of technology. Ireland also has seven private- sector colleges, ranging in size from the tiny Burren College of Art, Which has only about 200 students, to the huge Dublin Business School, which has a student community of about 9,000.
Trinity College in Dublin and University College is Ireland’s most prestigious universities offering Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Sciences; or Health Sciences. Dublin is another famous university, as are University College Cork; National University of Ireland, Galway, and Dublin City University.
- Capital – Dublin
- Dialing code – +353
- ISO code – IRL
- Currency – Euro
LIST OF COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
- Living Cost per Year – 5 LAKHS
- Population – 4.595 million (2013)
- Colleges and Universities – Trinity College, Dublin
- Dublin City University
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Maynooth University
- Trinity College Dublin
- The University of Limerick
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- Technological University Dublin
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- St. Angela’s College, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- St Patrick’s, Carlow College
- Marino Institute of Education, Dublin
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- Pontifical University of Maynooth
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Royal College of Surgeons Ireland